- Course Duration : : 1 Year
- Academic Course Level : : Under Graduate
- Location : : Christchurch
Academic entry requirements
If you are applying for admission to the University on the basis of an international (non-New Zealand) qualification, you must meet UC’s academic entry requirements . If you do not meet UC’s academic entry requirements you may be able to achieve these by successfully completing the UC International College Foundation Studies Certificate or one of the University Transfer Programmes available. Note that some programmes have additional entry requirements.
• An overall average of 75% with a minimum of 60% in English in the All-India Senior School Certificate or the India School Certificate (ISC);
• An overall average of 80% with a minimum of 65% in English from one of the following three Indian State Board year 12 qualifications: (i) Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), (ii) Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Higher (Secondary) School Certificate; (iii) Karnataka Pre-University Certificate;
• One year of successful study (B average / First Class / First Division) towards an undergraduate degree at a recognised university in India with a current NAAC accreditation of B or better;
• Completed a degree at a recognised university with a current NAAC accreditation of C or better.
Normally the minimum requirement is a three-year bachelor’s degree from a New Zealand university, or a qualification or combination of qualifications considered to be equivalent.
The minimum requirements to apply for doctoral study are that you should have completed, or be in the process of completing, a research-focused Honours degree or Master's degree. For PhD study you must achieve this degree at either the level of first-class or second-class division one (or equivalent).
If you want to study towards a Bachelor Degree (excluding teaching degrees), Certificate of Proficiency, Undergraduate Certificate or Diploma, or Graduate Certificate or Diploma you must have one of the following:
• IELTS Academic with an average score of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking
If you want to study towards a postgraduate qualification, eg a Postgraduate Diploma, Masters, or PhD you must have one of the following:
• IELTS Academic with an average score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in reading, writing, listening and speaking