Master of Business Management MBM
- Tution Fees : $41,250
- Application Fees : $0
- University : University of Canterbury
- Course Duration : 15 months
- Academic Course Level : Level 9
- Location : Christchurch
- Scholarship : Please contact for further details
- General Entry Requirement
- English Requirement
- Time Line
- Reviews (0)
- Ask A Question (0)
Academic entry requirements
If you are applying for admission to the University on the basis of an international (non-New Zealand) qualification, you must meet UC’s academic entry requirements . If you do not meet UC’s academic entry requirements you may be able to achieve these by successfully completing the UC International College Foundation Studies Certificate or one of the University Transfer Programmes available. Note that some programmes have additional entry requirements.
• An overall average of 75% with a minimum of 60% in English in the All-India Senior School Certificate or the India School Certificate (ISC);
• An overall average of 80% with a minimum of 65% in English from one of the following three Indian State Board year 12 qualifications: (i) Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), (ii) Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Higher (Secondary) School Certificate; (iii) Karnataka Pre-University Certificate;
• One year of successful study (B average / First Class / First Division) towards an undergraduate degree at a recognised university in India with a current NAAC accreditation of B or better;
• Completed a degree at a recognised university with a current NAAC accreditation of C or better.
Normally the minimum requirement is a three-year bachelor’s degree from a New Zealand university, or a qualification or combination of qualifications considered to be equivalent.
The minimum requirements to apply for doctoral study are that you should have completed, or be in the process of completing, a research-focused Honours degree or Master's degree. For PhD study you must achieve this degree at either the level of first-class or second-class division one (or equivalent).
If you want to study towards a Bachelor Degree (excluding teaching degrees), Certificate of Proficiency, Undergraduate Certificate or Diploma, or Graduate Certificate or Diploma you must have one of the following:
• IELTS Academic with an average score of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking
If you want to study towards a postgraduate qualification, eg a Postgraduate Diploma, Masters, or PhD you must have one of the following:
• IELTS Academic with an average score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in reading, writing, listening and speaking
Entry Requirements areas following:
For elite institutions: 55%
For section 1 institutions: 60%
For section 2 institutions: 65%
For Section 3 institutions: 70%
IELTS/TOEFL Requirements: 6.5
The eight courses listed in Group A and one of the courses listed in Group B must be completed. The nine courses are all 15 points each, and must have an overall B Grade Point Average in order to move on to the capstone Research Project or Internship in Group C (worth 45 points).
Group A – compulsory courses:
Business Research Methods
Managing People and Performance
Group B – complete one of the following:
Business Development and Entrepreneurship
Approved course from another department (subject to regulations)
Group C – either a research project or internship:A bachelor's degree with at least a B Grade Point Average in 300-level courses is required. Students must be approved by the Dean of Business, who will take account of the relevance and standard of previous studies and experience.
The qualification exposes students to intellectual breadth across a large number of organisational functions which prepares graduates for entry-level commercial roles within the public and private sector. The MBM aims to produce diverse, market-relevant, and highly skilled managers who will make an impact on business at a local and global level.